Why? Well we decided to expose this hate-mongering site because it links to the EDL on its site, links it on its blogroll, the admins have expressed support for it, and because the EDL leader including EDL divisions have linked to its articles too.
|The link that goes to the EDL website on Bare Naked Islam.|
|Examples of EDL Divisions sharing links to Bare Naked Islam.|
|EDL leader Tommy Robinson tweets a fear-mongering link from the site.|
Notably, this blog has featured a number of violent threats against mosques and Muslims, including the words from a commenter saying, “I want (Muslim) blood on my hands!”.
In 2011, Sheila Musaji of The American Muslim highlighted how the owner(s) of the site seemed to show sadistic joy when there were repeated arson attacks on mosques in France.
Bare Naked Islam published an article titled “WOO HOO! Yet ANOTHER anti-Muslim attack on a French mosque” and its subheading read: “Apparently, Hell hath no fury like a Frenchman scorned. It’s the third attack on a mosque just this month. Will the Muslims ever get a clue that they are not welcome in France?”
There were various threatening comments left below the post. The admin (who is regularly online) approved of them at the time.
This post was quickly removed once it gained attention. And like many far-right hate groups and sites, it tried to cover its tracks by removing the post.
A similar example of insensitive blog posts was when the admin(s) published an article titled “Oh, BOO HOO! Muslim man’s hatred of dogs gets him killed”, upon hearing of a young male who was scared of dogs died after plunging in a lake. Also found on the comment section, was this sadistic comment left by the admin.
Facts about Bare Naked Islam
- Bare Naked Islam is known to post up stories and news without verification, making it a unreliable source of information. An example we recorded was when the site reported that “Muslims danced in the streets” after the Boston marathon attack (click here for our article). We found it to be untrue.
- We exposed this site for sharing fake news in 2012 as well, when it claimed a horse was raped by a “Muslim”. Upon investigation, we found that no incident happened and Bare Naked Islam even went to the lengths in sharing a dead horse picture that was 5 years older than the story (click here for our article).
- Bare Naked Islam also regurgitates and shares stories with other hate blogs, such as IslamVersusEurope and Vivienco, who have been criticised for sharing unreliable stories too.
- Bare Naked Islam urges people to not even hire Muslims.
- Countless supporters of the site have posted comments advocating violence. Many can still be found today.
- Well-known far-right Islamophobes such as Robert Spencer of Jihadwatch and Pamela Geller of Atlasshrugs (both co-founders of American hate groups) have defended Bare Naked Islam in the past.
- The admin of the group posted a comment saying Norwegian bomber Anders Breivik “killed the wrong people”, which sounds like the admin perhaps, preferred others to be killed instead.
- The admin of the group posted a comment explaining why he/she chooses to demonise Muslims, saying he/she simply “enjoys doing it.”
Bare Naked Islam is clearly a dangerous hate site. With its consistent violent anti-Muslim rhetoric and open sympathy for hate and violence upon the innocent, it surely is one of the lowest of the low.
The fact it also has to make up false news to “mock and malign” others is another example of the bias bigotry that exists in the Islamophobia network.